Really interesting video on wealth inequality in America.
Hey religious people who are upset about the election results, don’t you realize that God knows what’s best for us?
- Me: LA seemed to be a lot busier this weekend.
- Mom: Well maybe everyone was super tense this weekend and now this weekend everyone's...
- Logical conclusion: CELEBRATING!!!!
- What my mom actually said: ...like "Oh well, you get what you get."
And rape really does cause pregnancy, sometimes.
….wait a second. People legitimately think that women can’t get pregnant when they get raped? I have a friend who was impregnated because of a rape, and because she is the most amazing woman I know, she kept that baby, an adorable little three-year-old girl.
Is that proof enough? I swear, some people can be such fucking idiots.
- Earlier today
- Roommate: So who'd you end up voting for?
- Roommate's co-worker: Romney.
- Roommate: Why?
- Co-worker: I just don't think gay people should be allowed to get married.
- REALLY??? THAT'S your first reason. But wait...it get's better.
- Co-worker: And his unemployment policy...I just like how he would've given the government less control.
- My roommate's comments on this: Did she seriously not even realize what she just said? She wants the government to have less control on her unemployment benefits, but more control over her uterus and whether or not she can get married. This is why I hate Republicans. Not because of their beliefs, but because they have absolutely no logic.
I just re-checked. Prop 30 DID pass! Begin the celebrations!
I pray for a religious leader who will say, “Let us be strong in our beliefs, but let us not force it onto those around us. Let us instead show them how happy we are living the way we do, and spread love. If others want to join us because of that, we will be glad to welcome anyone, and if not, we will continue to love them anyway and respect their decisions.”
I wanna leave you guys on a happier note, so In summary:
- Obama was re-elected as President.
- Same-sex marriage was legalized in Maine, Washington, Maryland, and Minnesota.
- Recreational marijuana is now legal in Colorado and Medical marijuana is legal in Massachusetts.
- Wisconsin elected the first ever openly gay senator.
Texas apparently elected a pansexual woman as Senator, too!!!
Prop 30 did NOT pass.
Shit. I’m so sorry to all my friends still in college.